A PBID benefits local businesses, property owners and residents because it enables owners to fund and manage property improvement programs and projects beyond what can be provided by the City of La Mesa.
With a La Mesa PBID we can:
- See $5 Million invested by the City of La Mesa in to the downtown streetscape and infrastructure
- Keep the district clean, beautiful, and safe for everyone
- Attract new businesses, business expansion and business retention
- Promote tourism and community events
- Build a comprehensive marketing strategy including advertising, use of social media, flyers, posters, banners, website and newsletters
- Promote the district as a warm and friendly destination for shopping, food and entertainment, professional services and special events
- Add additional security to patrol and monitor for crime, graffiti, and suspicious activities
- Preserve property values for commercial and residential property owners
- Provide visitors, business owners, employees working in the district, and property owners with have a point of contact for questions and assistance
- Create a sense of community
- Enjoy special lighting and decorating
- Maintain beautiful trees, planters, and flowers within the district
- Have a unified, respected, strong voice representing downtown in local matters
Our downtown La Mesa needs to make a significant investment in physical improvements and it needs to create a marketing edge to make our district stand out and thrive in a competitive economy.